NNPBC Blog

1930

The 675-bed Female Chronic Unit, later called East Lawn, opens. The majority of the females at the Public House for the Insane are transfer to the Female Chronic Unit. B.C.'s first training School for Psychiatric Nurses is established in the new building. The Public House for the Insane focuses solely on the care of the cognitively disabled, especially children.