Last updated: September 7, 2022
If you are a minor under the age of 16, you are not permitted to access the Site.
Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree with the Terms, please do not use our Site. If you continue to use this Site, you agree and acknowledge the Terms outlined herein.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise and update these Terms from time to time. Any and all such changes are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Site.
The information and material on this Site may be changed, withdrawn, or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
Copyright© Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia (unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.
Accessing this Site and its content does not give you ownership of any content displayed. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use any of our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
You may access the Site only for your personal or professional purposes provided that you do not remove or alter any copyright or other legal notices and do not make commercial use of the content of this Site. Without prior authorization, you may not modify, copy, distribute, download, upload, post, broadcast or transmit, display, disassemble, perform, reproduce, publish, license, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or make other use of any of the content on our Site unless specifically provided for in these Terms. You may display the content of this Site on your computer and to print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, audio and video clips, and other content available to you on this Site provided that:
- this is for your personal or professional education or your own professional use with respect to your profession as a nurse or nurse practitioner;
- you do not modify any content; and
- you include with and display on each copy the copyright notice.
Log-in and Security
You hereby agree to choose a strong password within the password policy of the Site. You further agree that you will keep secure and not share your password with any other person.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate a user's right to use the Site.
You hereby represent and warrant that you will not, directly or indirectly:
- e-mail, provide us with or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any third party's copyright, patent, trade-mark, or other proprietary right of publicity or privacy;
- use the Site to bully, harass or otherwise harm any other user.
- e-mail, provide us with or otherwise transmit any content that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any third party's copyright, patent, trade-mark, or other proprietary right of publicity or privacy, or encourages or enables any other party to do so;
- upload, e-mail, send via the Internet or otherwise transmit, any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, alter, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site's infrastructure or limits the functionality of any NNPBC or third party computer hardware, software, networks, or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our Site including but not limited to our servers or networks connected to our Site, including attempting to interfere with the access of any other user, host or network, including without limitation, overloading, initiating, propagating, participating, directing or attempting any "denial of service" attacks, "spamming", "crashing", "flooding" or "mail-bombing" our Site or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our Site;
- direct bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or any other automated process at our computer systems or otherwise, or create unreasonable load upon any of our computer hardware, network, storage, input/output or electronic control devices; and
- provide any personally identifiable information concerning any user or other person without the consent of that person.
Links to other sites
Our Site may link to other websites or applications. We do not control the practices or the content of those external sites. Your use of those sites will be subject to the terms and privacy policies of those sites. Please make sure you read, understand, and agree with them.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT. WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN THE SITE OR THE CONTENT.
WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT FILES OR DATA AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET OR THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR COMPUTER, INTERNET, AND DATA SECURITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OVERLOADING, FLOODING, MAILBOMBING, OR CRASHING, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, LOGIC BOMBS, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SITE LINKED TO IT.
EXCEPT WHERE SUCH EXCLUSIONS ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE HEREBY EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND CONTENT WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, FOR ANY DAMAGES OR ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, FINES, FEES, PENALTIES OR OTHER LIABILITIES), WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO MAKE USE OF, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold NNPBC harmless, including its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms or your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, information you submit, third-party sites, any use of the Site's content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as to limiting your liability to us hereunder.
This Site is operated by NNPBC and these Terms and policies referenced therein, constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Site. Our failure to insist on enforcement of a particular right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any other rights available to us under these Terms. You may not assign, transfer or sub-license these Terms without our prior written consent. If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in effect. We reserve the right to terminate these Terms at any time and without cause, with or without notice to you. We may also modify, suspend or interrupt, for any reason and in our sole discretion, your use of this Site. You may terminate these Terms by stopping your use of the Site or if you have an account with us, by contacting us at: email@example.com. All terms that survive termination shall remain applicable to you. This Site is controlled by the Society from its offices within the Province of Ontario in Canada. This Site can be accessed from all provinces and territories of Canada, as well as from other countries around the world, but is intended for use by users in British Columbia. All matters relating to access to, or use of, this Site or any website linked to this Site, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.