Student Services: Student Nurses in Action Program (SNAP)
The Student Nurses in Action Program (SNAP) provides unique opportunities for students to observe nursing leaders in action at Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Board Meetings as well as at the Canadian Nursing Students Association (CNSA).
This year, there will be opportunities to travel to CNA board meetings in Ottawa and to the CNSA national conference
in Calgary in January 2019.
On November 9 and 10, 2018 the Canadian Nurses Association will hold its Board meeting in Ottawa. One B.C. nursing student will be chosen for this opportunity. Travel, meals and accommodation will be reimbursed in accordance with our policy.
Who can apply?
- Any nursing student who is enrolled and in good standing* in one of B.C.'s nursing programs.
- Any nursing student able to travel between November 8th and 11th, 2018.
- Gain a better understanding of what nursing leadership is
- Learn how our provincial nursing association and CNA work together to advance nursing and improve the health of Canadians
- Network with senior nurse leaders from across Canada
- Learn more about the professional association and its relationship with CNA
How Do I Join?
Click here to fill in the Application Form
The deadline to apply is October 25, 2018 at 4pm
Applicants will be selected by special committee based on the merits of a 150-word written submission that highlights why you would like to attend, and how you intend to use this opportunity to enhance your future practice and contribute to improving the nursing profession and healthcare in Canada.
* good standing is defined by the school and indicates minimum scholarly achievement within the program.