- Awards & Recognition ➤
- eHLbc Research Tools
- Internationally Educated Nurses
- Liability Protection
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources ➤
- NNPBC Ambassador Program
- Job Board ➤
- Perks for Members
- Retired Nurse Information ➤
- Speaking Request Form
Canada has had the benefit of welcoming immigrants from all over the world which has contributed to our vibrant, multi-cultural society. This country also has a long history of attracting and recruiting Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs). According to 2020 Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) data, about 9% of Registered Nurses in Canada are IENs with BC having the highest percentage at 14%.
IENs are an extremely important voice in nursing and constitute a vital segment of our future colleagues. To foster our connections with our IEN colleagues, NNPBC is pleased to welcome IENs as Affiliate members of NNPBC starting February 1, 2022.
IEN members will pay $20.95 annually which will provide access to all of NNPBC's program and services. While Affiliate members are welcome to access these services, they are not permitted to vote in elections and/or run for Council seats (only full members are able to do so).
Please stay tuned to this page as we add to our resources for IEN's. If you have questions, comments or would like to discuss Affiliate membership further, please contact us at email@example.com.
- "Nurses-Not Nannies" - Can foreign-trained healthcare workers help solve Canada's nursing shortage crisis? - SafeCare BC panel that focused on the solutions, challenges, and ethical considerations of better utilizing Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) as an answer to a nursing shortage.
- NNPBC Blog: My Experiences and Recommendations for supporting IENs