'The Working Mind for Managers and Leaders' is a new SafeCare BC workshop aimed to increase awareness of mental health and to keep learners and their colleagues safe in long-term care. This workshop is intended for managers and leaders working in the continuing care sector.
This workshop is designed to increase the learner’s awareness of mental health, reduce stigma and other barriers to care in the workplace, encourage mental health conversations by transforming the way participants think and talk about mental health, strengthen resilience to maintain wellness, help learners identify poor mental health in themselves and others, and create a more supportive work environment.
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Support your employees' mental health and well-being
- Enable all employees to be more fully productive
- Ensure the workplace climate respects and involves all employees, including those with mental health problems
- Encourage employees to seek help for mental health
The Working Mind has been customized to best align with the lived experience of staff in care giving roles by the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
How to enroll:
- In-person sessions available now
- Private sessions (in-person or virtual) available for minimum of 8 participants
If you have any questions, please use the SafeCare BC contact form at www.safecarebc.ca/learningspace/contactform.