As the professional association, NNPBC's focus is on ensuring that the nurses are well supported in delivering high-quality, ethical and compassionate care in alignment with the professional standards and ethics as defined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).NNPBC's Professional Practice team provides resources, guidance and processes that support and guide nurses in providing care.
NNPBC News & Updates
- NNPBC's submission to government regarding Proposed LPN, RN and RPN Regulatory Amendments
- Quote from NNPBC on the implementation of Nurse Practitioners to assess patients for involuntary admission under the Mental Health Act (BC Gov News, Feb 2023)
- NNPBC Issues Brief: 'BCCNM Practice Standard: Indigenous cultural safety, cultural humility, and anti-racism'
Contact NNPBC Professional Practice
BCCNM News & Updates
- BCCNM Board approves revisions to NP Scope of Practice to align with changes to the Mental Health Act (Feb 2023)
- BCCNM Board approves revisions to RN and RPN standards, limits and conditions related to prescribing (Oct 2022)
- BCCNM Board approves new limits and conditions for RN Certified Practice (Oct 2022)
- Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses
- RN Practice Framework
- RN Prescribing Framework
- Other Tools and Resources