- Advocacy & Awareness ➤
- Government Engagement
- Policy Discussion ➤
- Policy Priorities ➤
- Position Statements
As the professional association representing all of BC's nurses, NNPBC is the link between nurses, policymakers and government. NNPBC provides opportunities for nurses to engage in policy development and advocacy around issues that impact the nursing profession and the health and well-being of British Columbians.
Nurses have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in identifying and advancing key policy issues that impact their nursing practice, their patients, and their community. NNPBC is strongly committed to ensuring that nurses have opportunities to participate in the policy development and advocacy process through forums, consultations, surveys, email, social media and meetings.
Issues within nursing and the healthcare system are constantly evolving. Nurses are welcome to identify policy areas that you would like us to work on.
- Issues Brief: Health Professions and Occupations Act
- Issues Brief: Physician Assistants
- 2022/2023 Influenza Season
- Issues Brief: Monkeypox Outbreak
- Issues Brief: BCCNM Practice Standard: Indigenous cultural safety, cultural humility, and anti-racism
- Issues Brief: Understanding Allyship
- Issues Brief: 2021/2022 Influenza Season
- Issues Brief: Bill C-22
- Issues Brief: Community Health Centres
- Issues Brief: Immunizations administered by LPNs
- Issues Brief: Nursing and Climate Change: The Impacts on Human Health
- Issues Brief: Patient and Family Centred Care
- Issues Brief: Respecting LGBTQ2S+ Patients/Clients
- Roe v. Wade
- Issues Brief: Social Determinants of Health
- Issues Brief: 'Staying Apart to Stay Safe: The Impact of Visit Restrictions on Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Survey': A Nursing Response
- Issues Brief: The Decade for People of African Descent
- Issues Brief: The Limits of Resilience as an Approach to Addressing the Mental Health Impacts of COVID-19 on Nurses
- Issues Brief: Upholding the Truth and Reconciliation Recommendations
- Issues Brief: Understanding Cannabis Use in Older Adults (65+)
- Issues Summary: Addressing Relationship Violence From A Nursing Perspective
- Issues Summary: Long-Term Care
- Issues Summary: Mental Health Crisis Supports
- Issues Summary: Nursing Leadership
- Advocacy - Expanded Prescriptive Authority
- BCDHA/NNPBC Joint Statement: Long-Term Care: Nursing & Oral Health
- Enhancing Rural and Remote Nursing Practice for a Healthier B.C.
- NNPBC/CNA 2020 Budget Consultation Letter
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia (NNPBC) and the Harm Reduction Nurses Association (HRNA) call for the decriminalization of people who use drugs in B.C.
- Reporting Racism in Health Care
- Aligning our Public Policy Influence with the International Nursing Community"
- I'm Bargaining for Courage: A Director of Care's Thoughts on Leadership in Hospice
- Implementing Involuntary Psychiatric Treatment in B.C.
- Mandatory Influenza Immunization for Health Care Workers: A Recent Policy Change
- Nurses for Planetary Health: A Call to Action
- Shining a light on nursing during COVID-19
- Unintended Equity Consequences of Canadian Cannabis Policy: Reflections on Implications of Medical Cannabis Taxation
- Using Nursing Insights to Inform the MAiD Conversation
- What BC Nurses Need to Know About "Death by a Million Paper Cuts"
- Why Canada needs a Chief Nursing Officer – Now
- Why Nurses Care About the Charter Challenge: Standing Up Against the Threat to our Publicly Funded Health Care System
- Why Nursing is Committed to a Palliative Approach to Care