- Certified DSTs ➤
- Issues Workshops
- Nursing Leadership Program
- Opportunities for Nursing Researchers
- Professional Development ➤
- Student Programs
Voluntary Membership Fees for 2020
Since it was established in 2018, NNPBC has continued to evolve as an organization that represents all nursing designations (licensed practical nurses, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses) and to meet the needs of BC nurses. Just some accomplishments we are particularly proud of are:
- Became jurisdictional member of the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) for B.C. while also inspiring CNA to change its bylaws in order to include all nursing designations.
- Worked with stakeholders to represent and advocate for nurses on policy issues such as primary care networks and climate change and MAiD.
- Delivered a series of programs and services to members that include an awards program, access to the Electronic Health Library of BC (e-HLbc), a job postings board and a database of education and professional development opportunities, and more!
NNPBC is entering an exciting time that will allow us to continue to deliver programs and services for BC nurses as a voluntary organization. Nurses of all designations can become members which in turn will allow you to remain connected to CNA and through CNA, the International Council of Nurses (ICN).
2020 Regular Membership Fees
|Canadian Nurses Association (CNA)||$63.65|
To assist with the transition to our new membership model, NNPBC has entered into a short-term agreement with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) to enable active, practising nurse practitioners (NPs), registered nurses (RNs) and registered psychiatric nurses (RPNs) to join NNPBC and pay for their membership when completing their 2020 registration renewal. We encourage all NPs, RNs and RPNs to take advantage of this opportunity.LPNs, while we were unable to do the same due to the timing of renewal, we want to ensure you that we welcome LPN members.
If you did not join NNPBC/CNA when completing your BCCNP (College) registration (e.g. any LPN), you may do so now by clicking the button below.
We look forward to continuing to represent all four nursing designations as we work to advance the profession and influence health and social policy and we hope you will join us on this exciting journey!
NNPBC welcomes nurses of all designations with non-practising status. Nurses who are non-practising DO have the right to vote in elections and at general meetings but can not run for Council elections.
The fees for non-practising nurses are:
Non-Practising nurses: $30.00 for NNPBC; $63.65 for CNA= $93.65+ 5% GST = $98.33
Student, retired members are considered Associate Members of NNPBC. Associate Members do not have voting rights and will not be able to run for election on Councils or vote in elections are at general meetings. Annual fees for Associate Members are outlined below.
Student nurses: $30.00 + GST annually for NNPBC. CNA does not accept student membership.
Retired nurses/non-practising: $30.00 for NNPBC; $63.65 for CNA= $93.65+ 5% GST = $98.33