- 2023 NP Networking Event
- National Nursing Students Week 2023
- 2024 NP Conference
- National Truth and Reconciliation Day 2023
- NNPBC Campaigns ➤
- NP Week 2023
- Past Events ➤
NNPBC wants to hear from you on why you're "Proud to Be a Nurse"! This contest is open to NNPBC members of all nursing designations (RN, RPN, LPN, NP) and student nurse members of any designation from any recognized educational institution in BC.
Now until April 14, 2023, create an original submission on why you are proud to be a nurse or are proud to be entering the nursing profession. Submissions may be in any format, including:
- Sound or video recording (max. 3 minutes)
- Written work (max. 1000 words)
- Anything else!
Winners will be announced via a press release during National Nursing Week, May 8-14, 2023. Additionally, all submissions will be posted on the NNPBC website.
To participate in the Proud to Be 2023 contest, applicants must be:
- Active members of NNPBC for the 2023 membership year, AND
- A practising LPN, NP, RN or RPN in BC, in good standing with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives, OR
- A student actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program in BC, with a signed student verification form
(may be provided by program Dean/Director, professor/instructor, or administrator)
NNPBC employees (current or past), NNPBC councillors (current or past, except student councillors), and NNPBC board members (current or past) are not eligible to participate in this contest.
How to Submit
The submission deadline for the 2023 "Proud to Be" Contest was April 14. Thank you to all who participated! Submissions are now closed.
All eligible submissions will be reviewed by an NNPBC adjudication committee. Upon review, three (3) winners will be selected to win the corresponding prizes:
Second place: $500 gift card*
Third place: $250 gift card*
*Gift cards available to the winner's choice of: Amazon, Save On Foods, Shoppers Drug Mart, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Chapters/Indigo.
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with any of the companies listed in the prize section.