- 2023 NNPBC AGM ➤
- 2023 NP Conference
- Indigenous Nurses Day 2023
- National Indigenous History Month 2023
- NNPBC Campaigns ➤
- Past Events ➤
National Nursing Week: Our Nurses. Our Future. • May 8 - 14, 2023
This year we celebrate National Nursing Week from May 8-14 with the theme "Our Nurses. Our Future." This theme recognizes the fundamental role that nurses play as Canada’s largest group of health care professionals and in the development and advancement of meaningful and effective systems and policy change. Nurses understand the needs now and can lead the transformations into the future.
Thank you to all nurses in BC and across Canada – leading the future of health.
#NationalNursingWeek #NNW2023 #NursingMatters #OurNursesOurFuture
Nursing Week Videos
Jennifer Whiteside, Minister of Mental Health & Addictions
Nursing Week Statements & Messages
How to Celebrate
- Download the Canadian Nurses Association National Nursing Week posters and resources to share with colleagues and on your social media.
- NNPBC was pleased to collaborate with the Alberta Association of Nurses (AAN), the Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM), the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA), the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) and the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario (WeRPN) on the #HeyNurse campaign to celebrate nurses this National Nursing Week. Check it out and help spread the word about this campaign using the hashtag #HeyNurse or #HeyNurses.
- Create a "thank you nurses" board at your workplace. Lay out some pens and print our "Happy National Nursing Week" cards or some sticky notes so that others can write comments and post them on the board.
- Share these children's activity sheets with little ones! Print them out for kids to take home or set them out with crayons for children to colour and decorate your office or workplace.
- Check out our "Thank a Nurse" page where nurses, colleagues, and the public can submit messages of thanks to be published in future NNPBC newsletters.
- Check out this year's Proud to Be Contest to read and share messages from other BC nurses on why they're proud to be a nurse!
- Celebrate in your department, office, or facility by hosting a potluck lunch and invite all your nursing colleagues (public health measures permitting).
- Deliver balloons, cards, or other small gifts to your nursing colleagues.
- Use this year's hashtags to post comments on social media and to stay up to date with National Nursing Week comments from other nursing organizations: #NationalNursingWeek #NNW2023 #NursingMatters #OurNursesOurFuture And don't forget to tag NNPBC at @nnp_bc on Twitter and Instagram!
- "Nursing is an Act of Hope": Read the segment from NNPBC's LPN Council in the latest edition of the Nursing Policy Secretariat (NPS) News for May 2023.
Indigenous Nurses Day
April 10-11, 2023