National Nursing week is celebrated each year as a way to recognize the vital role nurses play in health and wellness.
As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, we are acutely aware of the daily impact that nurses have in the successful management of, response to and recovery from COVID-19. We celebrate nurses as they continue to demonstrate leadership, commitment to service, and a focus on evidence-informed best practice.
Our colleagues at the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) developed the "We Answer The Call" theme to showcase the varied and significant ways in which nurses interact with patients and clients in their health journey, both during a global pandemic and each and every day.
Watch this space as we continue to add to our Nursing Week celebrations!
How Can I Celebrate?
- Invite your nursing colleagues to a potluck lunch, or a virtual potluck lunch to maintain social distancing, as a way to celebrate, network, and share.
- Use #NursingMatters #IND2021 #NationalNursingWeek #NNW2021 #WeAnswerTheCall on your social media accounts and consider a posting a story about your nursing career. Or, you may choose to share with us why you became a nurse. Tag @nnp_bc on Twitter and we'll retweet you!
- Invite a nursing leader to present at your workplace or in your community (virtually for now!).
- Create a 'thank you nurses' board at your work and invite non-nursing staff and patients/clients to say thanks to the hard-working nurses.
- Managers and leaders, show your thanks to the nurses you work with by writing personal notes of thanks to the nursing team.
- Plan a virtual lunch with a nursing colleague of a different designation. Talk about your work and what you do each day as a chance to bond and to learn from, with and about each other.