- 2022 Nurse Practitioners Conference
- 2021 NNPBC AGM
- Campaigns ➤
- National Indigenous
Peoples Day 2021
- National Nursing Students' Week 2021
- Nurse Practitioner Week 2021
- Nursing Week 2021
- Truth and Reconciliation Day 2021
- Past Events
National Nursing Week is celebrated each year as a way to recognize the vital role nurses play in health and wellness. As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, nurses demonstrate leadership in the management of, response to and recovery from COVID-19. This week we celebrate your commitment.
Nursing Week Statements
Nursing Week Media
- Nurses Share Challenges of COVID-19 During National Nursing Week
- NNPBC NP Councillor Kelvin Bei and NNPBC member and CNS in Critical Care, Vini Bains speak with Stephen Quinn about the role nurses are playing in the pandemic -- and the burnout they face. Listen to the clip
- All this week, be sure to listen to News 1130, CFAX 1070 and CKFR to hear special Nursing Week messages from NNPBC!
- BC's Indigenous Nurses Celebrated for Answering the Call to Justice.
- Nursing Week Webinar with Mike Villeneuve, CNA CEO hosted by the Nursing Policy Secretariat, Xi-Eta at Large Chapter & NNPBC.
For those on Facebook, to celebrate #NNW2021, NNPBC has created a frame for your Facebook profile photo!
It takes just a few simple steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Search for NNPBC
- Select the frame (we created two options!)
Indigenous Nurses Day - May 10, 2021
What does Indigenous Health Nursing Mean To You? Learn more.
2021 Nursing Week Proclamation
Thank You Nurses!
Burnaby and Surrey school students wanted to thank BC nurses for all their hard work during the pandemic.
Celebrate BC Indigenous Nurses Day 2021!
Celebrate BC Indigenous Nurses Day 2021 with us on Monday, May 10 from 1-4 p.m. PST on the first day of Nurses Week (May 10-16). The event will be an opportunity to gather, sit back, relax, and enjoy a nice tribute to celebrate Indigenous health nursing in BC! All are welcome!
We hope to see you there!
For more information about the event or to register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bc-indigenous-nurses-day-tickets-152438294041.
This event is hosted by the University of Victoria School of Nursing in collaboration with the Thompson Rivers University School of Nursing and the BC CIHR Indigenous Health Nursing Research chair program. Thank you NNPBC for partnering with us to promote and celebrate Indigenous Health Nursing in BC!!!
How Can I Celebrate?
- Invite your nursing colleagues to a virtual potluck lunch to maintain social distancing, as a way to celebrate, network, and share.
- Use #NursingMatters #IND2021 #NationalNursingWeek #NNW2021 #WeAnswerTheCall on your social media accounts and consider a posting a story about your nursing career. Or, you may choose to share with us why you became a nurse. Tag @nnp_bc on Twitter and we'll retweet you!
- Invite a nursing leader to present at your workplace or in your community (virtually for now!).
- Create a 'thank you nurses' board at your work and invite non-nursing staff and patients/clients to say thanks to the hard-working nurses.
- Managers and leaders, show your thanks to the nurses you work with by writing personal notes of thanks to the nursing team.
- Plan a virtual lunch with a nursing colleague of a different designation. Talk about your work and what you do each day as a chance to bond and to learn from, with and about each other.