- 2023 NP Networking Event
- National Nursing Students Week 2023
- 2024 NP Conference
- National Truth and Reconciliation Day 2023
- NNPBC Campaigns ➤
- NP Week 2023
- Past Events ➤
Each year we celebrate Nurse Practitioner (NP) Week to recognize the critical role that NPs play in our health care system. Through advocacy, education, and leadership, we have seen the NP role grow and expand. NPs work as primary care providers, advocates, researchers, educators, policy makers and leaders in hospitals, speciality clinics, long-term care, and primary care settings across the province. This week we celebrate you and thank you for your commitment, exceptional care and advocacy.
Happy NP week to BC's hard-working NPs!
How to Celebrate
- Print out our Happy NP Week card and share it with your NP colleagues! Or print out several of the cards and leave them in your clinic/department lobby along with pens for your colleagues, patients and/or clients to share their thanks and well-wishes!
- Use #NPWeek2022 and #NursingMatters in your social media posts and be sure to tag us at @nnp_bc on Instagram and Twitter!
- NP Photo Gallery – Proud to be an NP! Send us pictures of yourself or your NP team to email@example.com and we will post them in our photo gallery on this page! Also check out our NP Photo Gallery Prize Draw to see how you could win!
- Share NNPBC's NP Week posts on social media to help spread awareness about the vital role of NPs in our health care system.
- Print and share our Role of a Nurse Practitioner fact sheet with patients, clients, and colleagues.
Check it out!
- Read: Karen Sims, NP Council President speaks to the New West Anchor on the ways in which NPs are making a difference in addressing gaps in primary care
- Listen: Karen Sims, NP Council President speaks on Kamloops Radio NL about how NPs can fill gaps in primary care
- Listen: Lynn Guengerich, NP and Sarah Jesshope, NP from Health Care on Yates share their thoughts about the role of NPs in the health care system on the Vital Victoria Podcast
- Listen: Karen Sims, NP Council President and Sarah Jesshope, NP at Health Care on Yates speak with CBC’s Kathryn Marlow about the role of NPs in BC health care