Each year we celebrate Nurse Practitioner (NP) Week to recognize the critical role that NPs play in our health care system. Through advocacy, education, and leadership, we have seen the NP role grow and expand. NPs work as primary care providers, advocates, researchers, educators, policy makers and leaders in hospitals, speciality clinics, long-term care, and primary care settings across the province. This week we celebrate you and thank you for your commitment, exceptional care and advocacy.
Happy NP week to BC's hard-working NPs!
How to Celebrate
- Print out our Happy NP Week card and share it with your NP colleagues! Or print out several of the cards and leave them in your clinic/department lobby along with pens for your colleagues, patients and/or clients to share their thanks and well-wishes!
- Use #NPWeek2022 and #NursingMatters in your social media posts and be sure to tag us at @nnp_bc on Instagram and Twitter!
- NP Photo Gallery – Proud to be an NP! Send us pictures of yourself or your NP team to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them in our photo gallery on this page! Also check out our NP Photo Gallery Prize Draw to see how you could win!
- Share NNPBC's NP Week posts on social media to help spread awareness about the vital role of NPs in our health care system.
- Print and share our Role of a Nurse Practitioner fact sheet with patients, clients, and colleagues.
Check it out!
- Read: Karen Sims, NP Council President speaks to the New West Anchor on the ways in which NPs are making a difference in addressing gaps in primary care
- Listen: Karen Sims, NP Council President speaks on Kamloops Radio NL about how NPs can fill gaps in primary care
- Listen: Lynn Guengerich, NP and Sarah Jesshope, NP from Health Care on Yates share their thoughts about the role of NPs in the health care system on the Vital Victoria Podcast
- Listen: Karen Sims, NP Council President and Sarah Jesshope, NP at Health Care on Yates speak with CBC’s Kathryn Marlow about the role of NPs in BC health care
How to Participate
To enter the NP Photo Gallery Prize Draw, you must:
- Submit a photo of yourself or your team to email@example.com by Thursday, November 17, 2022.
*You may submit more than one photo. One photo=one entry, so more photos mean more draw entries!
- Let us know who's in the photo(s)!
*First names and last initials are fine, or clinic/department/"team" names may be used.
- Confirm that you agree to NNPBC posting the photo(s) and names(s)/team name(s) on the 'Proud to be an NP' Photo Gallery
PrizeAll photo entries must be submitted by Thursday, November 17, 2022. One photo = one entry. More photos mean more draw entries! One winning photo entryi will be selected on Friday, November 18, 2022, using a random selection generator tool. The winner will be contacted once it is confirmed that they have met all eligibility criteria.
- $250 gift cardii to the winner’s choice of: Amazon, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Chapters/Indigo, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay
Who Can ParticipateTo join the NP Photo Gallery Prize Draw, you must:
- Be an NNPBC member
- Be willing to share your mailing address (only for the purpose of sending the prize; will not be shared publicly or in any other way outside the purpose of this prize draw) should your photo be drawn as the winner
Draw DetailsThis prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with any of the companies listed in the prize section. The draw will run from 12:01am PT on Sunday, November 13, 2022 to 11:59pm PT on Thursday, November 17, 2022. The draw will take place on Friday, November 18, 2022. All entries must take place during this time frame.
For questions about this contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
i The winner may be one individual or a team of individuals. If a team/photo of more than one individual is drawn, then the individual who submitted the photo on that team's behalf will be contacted.
ii A total of one $250 gift card will be awarded to the entrant(s) of the winning photo.