- 2023 NP Networking Event
- National Nursing Students Week 2023
- 2024 NP Conference
- National Truth and Reconciliation Day 2023
- NNPBC Campaigns ➤
- NP Week 2023
- Past Events ➤
Each year we celebrate National Nursing Students' Week in recognition of all the amazing nursing students who are passionate about providing excellent nursing care and contributing to the future of our health system as the RNs, LPNs, RPNs, and NPs of tomorrow.
Nursing students represent our future – your interest in joining our profession and your hard work and commitment to your studies are foundational to your career and to the nursing care that British Columbians will receive in the years to come. Thank you for all that you do and know that NNPBC will be there for you every step of the way.
Happy Nursing Students' Week!
Celebrate the Future in Deference to the Past
To fully celebrate the future of nursing, it is imperative that we also recognize and reflect upon the full history of our profession. That is why the Canadian Nursing Students' Association (CNSA) has created the theme: Reigniting the Lamp: Shining Light on the Untold History of Nursing. Through this theme, CNSA is promoting awareness of the many nursing leaders whose stories were overshadowed throughout history. Visit the CNSA website and be sure to check out their social media pages to learn more
Messages from NNPBC
Attention all nursing students in BC! Check out our Instagram contest to learn how you can win some cool prizes including free NNPBC membership for 2023.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, participants must do all three of the following:
- Follow NNPBC on Instagram: @nnp_bc
- Like our official National Nursing Students' Week post
- Comment on this post, noting what designation you’re working toward, and the location of your educational institution in BC. No other details are required at this time.
*For example: LPN, Vernon; NP, Victoria; RN, Prince George; RPN, Surrey
Two winners will be randomly selected using a random selection generator tool. The winners will be contacted once it is confirmed that they have met all eligibility criteria.
The prizes include:
- $250 gift card to the winner’s choice of: Amazon, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Chapters/Indigo, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay
- Free NNPBC membership for the 2023 membership year – This includes free access to all of NNPBC’s membership perks including but not limited to professional development offerings such as webinars and workshops, professional practice resources, events and recognition including the Nursing Awards of Excellence, policy and advocacy discussion resources, discounts on products and services, and more!
Who Can Participate
To join the Instagram Nursing Students' Week Contest, participants must:
- Be a current nursing student enrolled in any designation nursing program (LPN, RN, RPN, NP) in any year, at any institution in BC
- Be willing to share your name (first name, last initial) and program information (institution, program title) should you be selected as a winner so that we may congratulate you on the NNPBC website and through our social media channels
- Be willing to share your mailing address (only for the purpose of sending the prize; will not be shared publicly or in any other way outside the purpose of this contest) should you be selected as a prize winner
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. This contest is also not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with any of the companies listed in the prize section. This contest is hosted by NNPBC and is open to nursing students in any designation nursing program located in BC.
The contest will run from 12:01am PT on Sunday, November 20, 2022 to 11:59pm PT on Saturday, December 10, 2022. All contest entries must take place during this time frame. Eligible participants may enter the contest by 'liking' and commenting on the post only once. Only the winners will be contacted directly from NNPBC's Instagram account (@nnp_bc) on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. You will not be contacted for any other reasons or at any other times.
For questions about this contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.