- 2023 NP Networking Event
- National Nursing Students Week 2023
- 2024 NP Conference
- National Truth and Reconciliation Day 2023
- NNPBC Campaigns ➤
- NP Week 2023
- Past Events ➤
- About National Indigenous Peoples Day
- TRC Calls to Action
- Virtual Events
- Indigenous Reads
- Celebrating Indigenous Peoples in Canada: Learning and activity guide
- Join the conversation online by following: #NIPDCanada
"Happy Indigenous Peoples Day! Today we share and celebrate the many beautiful cultures, and many achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis.
While we celebrate the Indigenous peoples across Canada, we also recognize there is still much work to do in continuing to implement the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls inquiry, and to fight all forms of racism in healthcare.
Let today be an opportunity not only to celebrate Indigenous peoples, but to remember we must all be learning, listening, and practising reconciliation in our lives and work every single day." - Valerie Jefferd, NNPBC Indigenous Board Director, NP Councillor