On November 12, 2022 the NP Council of NNPBC is delighted to host the inaugural NP Networking Event ("NP Ball") at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, Vancouver, BC.
This will be an education and networking event that will bring together nurse practitioners during National Nurse Practitioner week. Through survey feedback, mentorship was identified as a priority for NPs. To meet this priority, Dr. David Wood will deliver a keynote speech addressing the importance of mentoring and modeling professionalism in clinical care. A networking opportunity will also be organized to strengthen our community connections and collegiality.
A professional photographer will be on site providing head shots during the networking segment.
Venue: Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
3811 Point Grey Rd, Vancouver BC (main level)
Time: 4:30 pm - 12:00 am
Dinner: Three course dinner with wine options
Dress code: Formal
*Due to high demand, we can only allow one ticket per NP member.
Event Learning Objectives
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of the importance of mentorship and professionalism as a health care leader
- Sharpen leadership skills through collaboration and networking with internal and external partners
|4:30pm - 6:30pm||NP networking, professional head shots and industry engagement|
|7:00pm - 8:00pm||Presentations
|7:00pm - 9:00pm||Dinner|
|9:00pm - 12:00am||Live DJ and dancing|
- One ticket per member - $120.
- All payments must be made with credit card.
- Dinner options must be selected before completing ticket purchase.
- Refunds will not be offered, however, we understand that unforeseeable circumstances may arise and/or that special circumstances may exist. In such cases tickets can be transferred to another member. Please contact either Parveen Sangha (NP Ball Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org or Sukhi Jassar (NP Ball Executive Liaison) at email@example.com for refund inquires or for general questions. Thank you in advance for understanding.
- The last day to purchase tickets is 11:59pm on October 28, 2022.
- If you have not received email about this event, please ensure you have checked your spam, or other folders.
Dr. David Wood is a Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia (UBC). He is the Head of the Division of Cardiology and the Medical Director for the Cardiac Sciences Program at Vancouver Coastal Health. He is the inaugural Director of the new UBC Centre for Cardiovascular Innovation – Centre d'Innovation Cardiovasculaire (CCI-CIC), a clinical research operation centre with 41 affiliated staff and more than 90 cardiovascular investigators in British Columbia. Dr. Wood is the President of the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology (CAIC-ACCI). He received the Luminary Award at the recent C3 Global Submit. He is the Course Director for both the annual CAIC-ACCI Summit and Vancouver Valve global meetings where attendees present problems, offer solutions, and debate innovations with the end goal of improving patient care for all patients with structural heart disease. Dr. Wood is passionate about mentoring the next generation cardiovascular clinicians.
Dr. Wood works as a structural and interventional cardiologist at Vancouver General and St. Paul's Hospital. He obtained subspecialty training at Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute of New York. His primary research interests include transcatheter management of structural and valvular heart disease, new device development, novel strategies for treating ACS, and advanced cardiac imaging. Dr. Wood has participated in over 50 live-cases and 20 first-in-human cases. Has co-authored over 300 publications which have been cited > 9000 times (h-index 55) and his work has been cited in all the major coronary artery and structural heart disease guidelines.
He recently published the 3M TAVR Study (JACC CVI), the SAFE MANTA Study (Circ CVI), and was co-principal investigator of the CIHR funded COMPLETE trial (4,041 patients, 140 centres, 31 countries) that was presented as Late Breaking Science at both ESC and TCT with simultaneous publication in NEJM and JACC. He is currently PI of the following investigator-initiated studies: the COMPLETE TAVR trial (n = 4000, 126 centres), the DISCORDANCE TAVR study (n = 50, 11 centres), the ULTRA CLOSURE study (n = 250, 7 centres), the PROTECT TAVR study (n = 130, 11 centres), and the SAFE TAVR study (n = 415, 15 centres). In May 2020, in collaboration with 15 North American Cardiovascular Society Leaders representing over 90,000 clinicians, he simultaneously published Safe Reintroduction of Cardiovascular Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic in JACC, CJC, and the ATS.