- Certified Practice DSTs ➤
- Current Research Projects in BC
- Issues Workshops
- New Graduate Programs
- Nursing Leadership Programs
- Opportunities for Nursing Researchers
- Professional Development ➤
- Student Programs ➤
Hello and welcome to new nursing graduates and congratulations on choosing nursing as a career! We know you will find it fulfilling, rewarding and a privilege to walk with your patients/clients at all stages of their lives. We also know that nursing is hard work and that new graduate nurses in particular are prone to burn-out, stress and, in spite of best efforts, can feel unsupported in your new positions. We also know that the first five years of practice are the most critical years in ensuring whether or not a new nurse sticks with their chosen profession (and many do not).
NNPBC is committed to working with new graduate and novice nurses. We'll add this collection of resources over time and invite your contributions as well.
Please feel free to drop an email to Kim Withers, Director of Membership Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an idea for this page or want to talk about your new nursing career.
- "Ask the question, because someone else is probably wondering too": A new graduate's journal - By Hayley Biller, BSN RN